Monday, June 11, 2012

Father's Day

These are the cards that I made first and last. I forgot to post it due to busiest things in life. The left side was done before the last week of May and the right card was done when the Father's Day is over. I gave the left side card to my Japanese brother-in-law Hiroshi and the other one is for me. I should have one for me! hahahahahahaha

Another card that gives me satisfaction because I begin to learn on color combinations. It's been a years now that I have a problem on blending the color or combining the color. And good that there's one woman teaches how to blend or combine the papers from its designs to color.

Happy Crafting!


The materials that I used are
Cardstocks : Recollections for the plain like the body and parts of the body of the father and round shapes
                    Recollections Textured Special Paper the blue color
                    Bazzil for his pants
                    Hammerhill the base and the background or offset of the guy
                    Citrus Mat for the printed or special paper
                   Newsprint for the left side card only
                   American Crafts for the premium ribbon
                  Nicole Bubble Cuts for scissor used on the left side
                   Bigkick and Texturz Plate for the embossing on the left side
                   Silhouette Cameo to cut the round shapes and Sketch pen to sketch the phrase for the father
                   Le Plume to enhance the face. lines on his shoes and DAD word
                   Elmers Glue to adhere all these things

I usually purchase my craft materials in Acmoore, Michaels and Joann's with the factor of COUPONS. hmmmm?!


-------------------------------------------

And..this is my second crafts for Father's day.

2011 when I make my personalized card to my husband I used my hand and scissors. Now because I am "techy" everything is on the Silhouette Cameo plus my Bigkick for some drama.

I supposed to reformat the card that I gave to my husband last year. But from the Google that I search regarding on the font for Father's day plus the Graduation frame that I saw in Micheals I decided to change my plan. One day, My husband and I went to Michaels to buy my materials. I bought that Graduation frame. I know it is the perfect frame for him. Why not give him a special gift (though it comes from his paycheck hahahahahaha)?

Aside for the Graduation frame from Michaels, the picture size is 5 in by 7 in. I used cardstocks textured and ordinary are from Recollections. Fonts are SquirtDNA Regular for "Anyone...", Father is Gugnine and Daddy is Tabitha. Silhouette Cameo to cut the font. Elmers Glue for adhering and layering this fonts. Oh I always forget my tools that always helps me a lot to hold this cute little pieces the CGull. 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My cards for Father's Day. Aside of the craft that I am going to give for my husband I will also give a card for my friends' and relative's husband. I want to extend my gratitude how their raised and love their children. 

Oh I got this idea on the Scrapbook Express. And it gives me an idea to make this also and send it to my prospects receivers. 

From the women in All Things Silhouette Cameo and SD group name Maria Perez posted about the color combination. She too has a problem on combining the colors. I'm not alone. And it really helps me a lot. Though while I am doing this card I really test my eyes if it is not good or not plus the factor of that link the Color Combos

I really like using Gelly Roll Med White Ink Gel most especially on the dark color paper. It gives effects on the card, attitude and magic as well. 
Happy Father's Day!

Dimensions Height is 5 1/2 in by 4 1/4 in for width

Materials I used:
- Recollections: Dark blue and Light brown card stocks 8 1/2 in by 11 in
- Mambi Sheets specialty paper 12 in by 12 in
- Bazzil Dots
- Hammerhill : White card stock
- Staples : Pastel color paper (envelope)
- Sizzix:  Texturz Impressions Pad, Texturz Silicone Rubber, Texturz Birthday Stars and Texturz Birthday Stripes, Bigkick
- Silhouette Cameo : Cutting the Ric rac border shape, circle and X
- Fonts for letter X Bubblegum
- Acmoore for the yarn
- Glue Dots Ultra Thin and Elmers School Glue Gel
- Gelly Roll Med White ink gel
- Cgull for scoring the card stock

No comments:

Post a Comment