Thursday, July 19, 2012

Preparing for Christmas.

Would you believe that I am now preparing for Christmas?When the summer comes I am thinking or planning that I will make a Christmas craft earlier. Then because I am IN in the group of Tophatter and crafts  I found out that they are now preparing and starting for Christmas. Whoaa!!!
My brain is running and thinking what would be. I have lots in my mind so when I start holding my tools oh my everything was jamming like paper in the printer. I have to hold on and relax so that it will come up good, right?
So I am planning to make

  1. Christmas Banner a "Merry Christmas". I will have that, of course, in our apartment, my family in Philippines. And I'm gonna ask my in-laws if they want.
  2. An enveloped for money or we can "ampaw" in Philippines. This is difference most especially the print design. It would be Christmas spirit. Because when I was in the Philippines my family always bought that has a Chinese characters logo. I need red paper not a cardstocks, right? And I need a stamps something Christmas.
  3. Christmas Cards with Enveloped.
So in this day 1, July 19, I have now a sample for banner. A miniature for a banner.



From Silhouette Cameo image and the green stocks embossed using the Cuttlebug. I spray the green cardstock using the Perfect Pearl Mists Sour Apple from Ranger. It comes beautiful. First I used it bought from Michaels. I love it so much. Punch using Recellections. So lovely. I don't have snowflakes so for the meantime I will use that. And adhere it with Rhinestone. By the way, the size of this is 3x4 inches, My miniature sample banner. Oh I really love it. I hope when I finalized it it would come up to my expectations.


I used the Recollections premium cardstock Red, Green and Brown. For the glitter is from DCWV The Glitzy Glitter Stack 24 sheets from Michaels. I bought my rhinestones in Acmoore and Tophatter.

I love it so much!

If you have any suggestions you are welcome to post your comments. 

Day 2

These are the pennants that I finished when I continue. 
For every pennants of I want to make a different style so that I would know which is the best. 



E is something white and snow only. I wanted this to be like in a wooden grain stamp but because of my limited budget I used my Texturz Sizzix plates and inked it using coffee bean. 

For R, I want to put the poinsettia flower on it. I am thinking which is best if it is the coffee bean or the white around the petals of the poinsettia.
When I am doing my craft I noticed that I am not on my focus. In my mind I have this design but while working on my design it always changes. Or might be, my eyes telling me the design was not fit to the style. My eyes and my mind were contradicting to each other. 

Still more to go..

Day 3

Another design for this season. I saw some designers used buttons on their cards. And while I am thinking what would be my design and adding the buttons on it then i saw a designer adds buttons on her cards. so I said wow! and now I add buttons on my Christmas banner. 


This design was not on my list. But I saw this shapes on my box so I said why I used this shapes. That's it! A lovely and elegant pennant for this holiday season.




Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment