Monday, December 10, 2012

Hi everyone!

December and Christmas are fast approaching! And Thank God that we already set-up our Christmas tree and some decors inside of our love nest. But not outside it is ice cold out there!

Well, Christmas is not complete if we do not have any banners or some decors made by my hands. So, using my Silly and Big K buddies I have my cutes and sweetest banner and garland. At long last, I finished our banner. I starts doing this August. Because of orders and going somewhere it took months before it's done. 


I have four designs when I am starting doing this. And I ask my husband which of those he likes. So he chose this design and he suggests the holy berries. 


I embossed background and the leaves cardstocks. I really like the results of embossed on the holly berries leaves. It looks like a leaves. I used also Glossy Accents for the berries so that it will standout and looks glossy. Oh I add red glitters on it. I love glitters.


Mema (my husband grandmother) gave me an assorted colors of beads. She thinks of me when she saw that beads. She said "I know you can do something for this for your crafts". What a sweet isn't it? Then I used those beads on bows using hot glue. In this picture was kinda perfect others is not a little bit ok but they are still cute. It looks so elegant to my eyes! 

This banner gives me idea to make another banner but not for Christmas but for girls birthday banner. I hope I find those beads in Acmoore, Joann's or Michaels. Help me please!



This not a cake. In this picture it looks like a cake. 
These are my cutee pieces for garland. While watching tv last night I am thinking I want to make a garland like those circle garlands that I used to see on those parties. Then I said "Christmas, Circle, Scallop minus my Silly and Big K buddies". 


Then it came out to my mind how about using the scallop and circle punches. It so cute! I grabbed all those scrap papers and punches. Start punching and that's it. I have dress of Santa and his face with bonnet.


Scallop punch is about 2" and circle punch is about 1" only. I cut the scallop punch into 2 and adhered them both and make some effect on the top to give some dimensions. Same also in circle punch. I put silver glitter to give some drama or glittering. 
For the belt, I cut 1/4" for black and use manually cut the yellow cardstocks using my exacto knife. Patient is virtue again. Then gold glitter on his belt.


I used the floss thread to connect them and trim it so that it won't look messy. I want to emphasize or focus would be on the santa's dress only.


When I hanged it I noticed that I should do it back to back so that I wouldn't adjust it facing front. 
 

This is so cute and sweet in person.

Thank you for looking. Oh I have another one. I hope I can do it NOW!

Bye!


3 comments:

  1. Your page has a totally different looks this time. I think I like this better. I usually like darker background anyway :).
    Some of those garland pieces, I noticed, looked like Santa Clause bellies. I'm talking about the ones with belts. Some serious decorating there. I'm learning a lot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I been thinking and wanting to make a garland but in scallop shape and Christmas spirit theme which is Santa Claus is the main object. So until I "conclude" in my mind that design.

    ReplyDelete